The goal of the Air Force Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Commercialization Readiness Program (CRP) is to increase collaboration between the Air Force (AF) and Major Defense Contractors (MDC) to accelerate technology transition.
• Annually, the AF issues a Technology Interchange Meeting (TIM) call via FedBizOpps (FBO) announcement
• 6-9 MDCs participate each year
• 15-week process training and facilitating MDC as they identify and vet SBIR/STTR technologies that meet their needs to become candidates for SBIR Technology Transition Plans (STTPs)
• Utilize SWIFT tool for data mining and workflow tracking
• Event hosted by MDC conducting one-on-one sessions under a Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA)
• Hotwash & post-event follow-up on outcomes and STTP facilitation
At the September 2016 Air Force CRP, MSI was selected to transition the COgnitive Stochastic MOdeling System (COSMOS) to multiple aircraft platforms. When COSMOS is deployed, it will provide real time support to maintainers and operators to reduce operating cost and increase operational capability.