Senior Electrical Engineer
Seeking a full-time Senior EE to join our team in Albuquerque NM to assist in the support of product development of sensors and intranets in the areas of condition-based monitoring, situational awareness, signal intelligence, AI, safety, and embedded systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• US Citizenship
• Strong CAD design of circuits, modules, and processors is required.
• Design experience involving A/D, D/A, and microcontrollers is required.
• Small electronics “widget” manufacturing is a plus
• Configuration Management experience is preferred
• FPGA is beneficial and preferred but not required
• Prior DOD procurement experience process is a plus
• Design experience involving microcontrollers, SPI, I2C, UART, GPIO, Ethernet, WiFi a plus with mixed-signal product design and development for military aircraft, ground vehicles, and support equipment is a huge plus
• FPGA design experience with Altera and Xilinx FPGA’s in both VHDL and schematic design flows is highly desired but not required.
• Successful design of a variety of products for environmental, FCC and CE compliance would be beneficial but not is required.
• Understanding Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics & Thermodynamics Concepts is good to have but is not required
• Any military environment, commercial aircraft, or military aircraft, ground vehicles, and support equipment is a huge plus
• Military experience, flight experience is a plus
• A strong EE, hands on contributor, to lead projects around electrical design of microprocessor-based circuits, integration of SOC on PCB’s, and some mixed signal and digital interfaces. The ideal candidate will:
• Lead a small team of junior Engineers, PCB Layout, and Lab Techs on some projects.
• Take a concept to design manufacturing.
• Have experience in R&D to manufacturing
• Design, test, and validate prototypes
• Have experience with Configuration Management
• Provide Quality Control and Quality Assurance
• Interface with suppliers of components
• Assist with proposals, scheduling, and cost estimating using PC tools
• Have experience in CAD design of circuits, modules, and processors
• Have a working knowledge of FPGA
• Travel in burst throughout the USA, rarely overseas at least up to 10%-15% of the time on average
Accomplishments (Success patterns we are looking for):
• Problem solving
• Good managerial skills
Personal Characteristics (strengths):
• Strong leadership skills
• Attention to planning and details
• People skills
• Good communication skills
*Management Sciences conducts a pre-employment background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Management Sciences is a federal contractor and participates in E-Verify for employment eligibility verification. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law. Applicants offered employment will be working on contracts with the federal government; US Citizenship is required.*